July 11, 2012

J Roddy Walston and the Business - Use Your Language



I recently came across the band J Roddy Walston and the Business when Hogleg from Galleywinter posted his playlist on the Drop and heard one song. I was instantly hooked so I found them on Spotify and I've been listening off and on ever since. They are a great break from radio music on a 7-hour drive when you're about to fall asleep and need something to get your blood pumping.

Their sound is rowdy, gritty, good old rock with southern roots and heavy piano that just makes me want to go to the bar with my wildest friends and drink a lot of whiskey and have a helluva time. I don't know much else about the band and I probably won't ever be anywhere near where they're playing to see them live (they're from Baltimore), but a girl can dream. Check it out.

J Roddy Walston and the Business


No comments:

Post a Comment