May 24, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Nowhere Texas

This isn't that much of a throwback, but I guess a song by a band that doesn't exist anymore counts. Plus, it's my all-time favorite road trip song. Well, my all-time favorite road trip song this five minutes. Tomorrow I'm taking off on my first official road trip of the summer. I'm going home with one of my best friends and I'll be dragging her ass all around North Texas. So far our options include gambling in Oklahoma, seeing either Josh Weathers (crossing my fingers) at Fat Daddies or Bart Crow at the Mule Barn, a crawfish boil, the Texas Red Dirt Roadshow, a fish fry, and Lord knows what other trouble we'll find along the way. (Hint: lots of beer will be involved.)

I couldn't find a video for this anywhere, but here's one of my favorite pictures in the world. It's me on my daddy's shoulders during Boys From Oklahoma at my first Ragweed concert when I was 14, the one I claim started it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment