September 10, 2012

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetiz Zeros - "Home"

Do you ever listen to a song and the first time you hear it you have no idea what is going on, then you listen again a few days later and it's like something clicks and then you can't get enough of it? That's what happened to me with this song. It's so different from what I normally listen to but I am obsessed with it. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is one of the bands featured in the movie "Big Easy Express" along with Mumford and Sons and Old Crow Medicine Show. I haven't seen it yet but I'm planning on it, even though my tension span with movies is that of a three year old.

When I went to find a video of this song, I found their TV debut on Letterman from a few years ago. It makes me love them even more. They are just so weird and don't give a shit. Let's face it - they dance around on stage the way most people do when nobody's looking. I would love to hand out with them. Plus, their website is so trippy and cool. I wonder if my web design professor will let me copy it for my professional portfolio website I'm supposed to be working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment