November 8, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Glen Campbell

Here's another throwback courtesy of my friend JNJ!


Today Throwback is Glen Campbell.  Most everyone know his great hits of the 60's and 70's. but his career has span 50 years, 70 albums, grammys, a tv show, and one of the most sought-after session guitar players of his time.  He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2005, and today is still one of the greatest entertainers in country music.  With classics like "Rhinestone Cowboy", "Wichita Lineman," and "By the Time I Get to Phoenix,"  he paved the way for many with his style and talent.

Read all about him and enjoy the video of "Gentle on my Mind."  This video incorporated another of my legends, Leon Russell, and along with a great song, it shows Glen's talents as a guitar genius.




Here is another video where he sings "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" and "Galveston."



No comments:

Post a Comment