November 9, 2012

The Cadillac Black - "Get Your Buzz On"

The first time I heard this song, I wanted to hate it so bad because it's full of typical drinking/name-dropping clichés. But it gets stuck in my head and every time it comes on the radio I love it more.

I've missed The Cadillac Black the past two times they've been in Lubbock but from what I've heard they are awesome live so I hope they come back soon. In fact I had never even heard of TCB until they showed up on the JAB Fest line up. And of course I went with people who only want to see bands they know so we went after they played. I ended up hearing about it from everybody else who got there early and I've been kicking myself ever since. I've been listening a lot lately on Spotify and YouTube and they are just good old Southern rockers that I really want to party with. They remind me of the next Whiskey Myers or Blackberry Smoke.


Now doesn't that just make you want to drink whiskey?

No comments:

Post a Comment