November 14, 2012

New Music - Adventus

Obviously the whole world (or at least everybody in my bubble) is going on and on about Adventus. I have been waiting forever for this album. In fact I've been counting down the days ever since I last saw the Departed at Lubbock Music Fest. Their first album, Indian Land was good, but I think everybody was ready to hear some original material.

This one is amazing. I ordered the vinyl on Lonestar last week so I'm waiting for it to come in to really dig into it, but I also stayed up and downloaded the digital version Monday night and have been listening to it on repeat ever since. It's everything I hoped for. Since the band had slowly been releasing songs on Facebook and Twitter the past month or so, I was afraid there wasn't going much I hadn't heard on the album, but I was wrong. It's way too early to pick a favorite but I don't think it's too early to say this one will be on my regular rotation for a very long time. Every time I listen a different song becomes my favorite for the moment.

I've read a ton of review for Adventus the past few days, and most of them were incredibly positive. I am not about to sit here and review this album because I would feel like a complete idiot, but I must say this one is probably the closest to how mine would sound (in other words, I didn't need a thesaurus to understand it). This one goes more in depth on every song though.

It's just plain good stuff. I may have cried when Ragweed broke up and thought the world was ending, but everything happens for a reason and if they hadn't called it quits, the rock revival that is Adventus would have never happened. If you like rock, blues or just good music, get this now.


The first time I ever heard this song was well over a year ago, right after the band got together. I stood by myself with a crowd of only about 15 other people who knew who the hell The Departed was. I had no idea what to expect, but when Seth James sang this song, I fell in love and knew it was going to be a long ride. It's still one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment