January 27, 2012

People I Love: Jason Isbell

I heard about Jason Isbell about a year or so ago but never really jumped on the bandwagon. I knew that he used to be with the Drive By Truckers but that was about it. Then in the past few months, reviews for his newest album, Here We Rest, have been popping up everywhere and basically people are going nuts for it and the song Codeine. I listened to it a few times but never understood the hype.

Then, a few days ago, I woke up with Codeine stuck in my head. I went and found it on Spotify and it was like something just clicked and I now understand what all the buzz is about. I have listened to nothing but Jason Isbell since then and bought his last two entire albums. Needless to say, I am now hooked.

I won't go into all that nonsense about what makes him so good and what his "sound" is like, because I don't know shit about all that technical stuff, I just know I like it and I can't get enough. You will have to see for yourself. And if you don't catch on right away, give it some time and maybe you will have an epiphany like it did and be hooked for good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment