August 20, 2012

Corb Lund - "Bible On the Dash" (feat. Hayes Carll)

I swear I planned on posting about this album for several days, then I sat down this morning and saw that a few other blogs beat me to it today (SCMTN). That always happens to me. I feel like I'm either a copy cat or just playing catch-up. I guess it's not a bad thing because that means people like good music and I would have never heard it in the first place if there wasn't some sort of a buzz going around about it.

I've been listening to the new Corb Lund album, Cabin Fever, a little bit here and there, but when one of my friends asked specifically if I'd heard the song "Bible On the Dash" with Hayes Carll  that I really sat down and listened to it and appreciated it. I'd always heard of Corb Lund, the Canadian songwriter that has a respectable fan-base in Texas and Americana music, wrote "Time to Switch to Whiskey" (Kyle Bennett Band) but I'd never listened to more than a few songs. It's time for that to change because I think I have a new love. I may be the Arrogant Texan, but I appreciate good music in any form or fashion and Corb Lund's brand of Canadian country fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment