February 27, 2012

Song of the Day - Portland Oregon

"Well Portland Oregon and sloe gin fizz, if that ain't love then tell me what is, uh-huh..."

Someday I am going to get around to posting more than just outfit inspiration and songs of the day. One thing I have been thinking of is lists of favorite collaboration songs, songs I could listen to 43 million times, and songs that make me stop dead in my tracks and search out everything about the artist - one of my typical binges. Well, one song that you probably wouldn't expect to be on those lists, but definitely is on all of them, is Loretta Lynn with Jack White's Portland Oregon. This song came out when I was in Jr. High and just beginning to get into music and figure out that there is more to life than the music played on the radio in Podunk, Texas. I remember I recorded the video on our DVR and I would watch it over and over and over. I still listen to it all the time - several times a week at least, and when I do, I usually play it more than once in a row. It will NEVER get old.

Oh and Loretta Lynn is a badass. Always has been, always will be.

(Normally I would try to play the real music video, but I discovered this one a while back and it is too cool to pass up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment