February 22, 2012

Song of the Day - Blind Man

"Faith don't need no second opinion, don't got to prove it you just got to believe. We're all one under God's dominion, a willin heart - that is all you need."

I first heard this song when Stoney LaRue sang it at Cross Canadian Ragweed's final show at Joe's on Weed Street in Chicago. Obviously I wasn't actually at the concert, but I did (surprise surprise) buy the whole live album when it came out. I loved the song from the start and loved it again when it came out on Velvet a few months later. During a Mike McClure kick yesterday I realized he sang it first on the album Dirt and Spirit, which evidently is some sort of Okies-only thing that I just discovered because I am THE Arrogant Texan and my head is stuck in the mud about these kinds of things. Sometimes I realize that other states have good things to offer and this is one of those times.

Anywhooo, I'm guessing Tom Skinner wrote the song in the first place. He's another Oklahoma fella that I didn't even know existed until the love of my life, AKA Cody Canada got together his serious band and The Departed made Indian Land AKA the people-we've-never-heard-of-but-Cody-Canada-thinks-they're-the-shit-so-let's-all-jump-on-board album... and there were a few Skinner songs on it. And evidently Skinner is the shit because he wrote my two favorite songs on Indian Land, Water Your Own Yard and Skyline Radio and one or two others.

So here is Mike McClure singing it... because I couldn't find one of Tom Skinner and I've posted enough Stoney videos. And because my Mike McClure kick is what started this whole stalkathon in the first place.

I love being a know-it-all.

And Oklahoma.

Dammit.




God Bless Texas!!
Peace Love and Enchiladas,

The Arrogant Texan

No comments:

Post a Comment