March 10, 2012

Obsessed with Turnpike Troubadours



Uh oh... here I go again on a MAJOR binge. Just when I need to be packing and doing laundry (I've got about 4 hours to do that) I got sucked in. I heard the new Turnpike Troubadours song early yesterday morning for the first time. It isn't often that a song completely sweeps me off my feet. I mean, there are good songs that I freak out over and love, but this new song is incredible. Maybe because it took me by surprise, I didn't even know they had a CD coming out soon, but this song is amazing.

It's no secret that Evan Felker is one of the best songwriters in Texas, but the band itself is outstanding as well. Now combine the two and you've got gold. These guys blew everyone away in 2011 and I have no doubt they will continue that streak in 2012 with their new album coming out in May (yes, it's on my calendar!!).

I got to see them back in November and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. I was (as usual) glued to the stage for most of the night. They have such a good energy on stage and even if you don't know their songs, you walk away a huge Turnpike fan.

I started looking online for their new songs and all I could find are a few live recordings but then I discovered a plethora of songs I had never heard so I make a YouTube playlist and stayed up way too late last night trying to get my fix. Then I woke up this morning craving it again, so here I am, trying to get it out of the way so I can tend to other stuff.

Anyway, here is what I've been listening to this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE8825F6050B67386

And here is their new song in full:

And here's another one. I like this video better. You can't hear it as well, but the live atmosphere can't be beat in my opinion.

Do you smell a TCMC number 1?? I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment