December 4, 2012

New Music Tuesday

*Rambling ahead.*
 You've been warned. But stick around. It's worth it.

There's not a whole lot going on in my little bubble of music. Evidently there's new Wiz Khalifa, Ke$ha and Florida Georgia Line music out today... don't ask me why I know this... but I don't care.

What I DO know is that this week sucks. My immune system is compromised and my allergies are starting to kick my ass. I have to go to a funeral in Dallas this weekend and next week is finals week/Hallie starts her new job while keeping her old one for a few weeks. Yes, I'm being dramatic. Moving on.

Life is good. I saw Six Market Blvd. AND the Damn Quails this past weekend and they both rocked. Two of my favorite bands in any form - live, recorded, acoustic - always a great time. I'm not going to review them because I feel like I've done that several times already. All I will say is I can.not.wait for a new album from the Damn Quails. Saturday night was the second or third time I've heard some of their new songs and their next project is going to be awesome.

Anyway... the only new music I could find today (not that I actually looked real hard) is from No Justice. I've never been a superfan of theirs, but I've never not liked a song of theirs either. If that makes sense. I've listened to it a few times on Spotify this morning and I like it all so far. There's a new, different version of "Red Dress" that's a little more laid back and simple than the original. They also re-did "Don't Walk Away" and I think I like the new version better. There's a girl singing on this one and I don't know who it is, but it's a really pretty song.

Check it out.


Also, I just found this on the tweeter. Some free music from Joe Pug. It's probably not for everybody, but, hey! it's free music. I don't think it's included in this EP, but go get his song "Speak Plainly, Diana" both the rock and the slow versions. You're welcome.



Annnnd finally. Let's talk about Christmas music. 'Tis the season, y'all.

I don't really care for Christmas music. I mean, I like it if I'm in the right mood, which happens for approximately 15 minutes on Christmas day and you better believe I have a playlist standing ready for when those 15 minutes attack. But I'm not the girl that listens to it from Thanksgiving day till New Years.

My sister, on the other hand... I'm pretty sure she would listen to it year round, but I know she starts regularly adding to her playlist about the week of Halloween. Not even kidding. She tried to force my family to listen to it while we decorated my mom's tree, but my dad and I won that battle with Six Market and Adventus.

But I must say, she comes up with some good music. I haven't been able to find this song anywhere that it can be purchased or downloaded, but how can you beat LeeAnn Womack, Cody Canada and Asleep at the Wheel??? Go here to listen to their version of "Mele Kalikimaka." If anyone has, or knows how to get this song - hook a sister up!

I'll keep trying to post the good Christmas music as I find it... if I can stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment