December 7, 2012

Dolly Shine - "Pretty Flowers"


Wednesday night I got to see a band for the first time - Dolly Shine. I had heard of them before in the past year or so and listened to a little music but it wasn't until I heard them on the Texas Red Dirt Road Show with Justin Frazell a few weeks ago that I realized how much I liked this band. They were awesome live too. Very true blue Texas Country, with a fiddle and everything. They mixed Honky-tonk with Southern Rock and reminded me a little of Kyle Bennett, Rob Baird and old Ragweed. I recognized a few of their songs from TXRDR and they did some awesome covers. (I know I talk about covers a lot, but I LOVE good covers). They played "Hurricane" (Leon Everette/Band of Heathens) and Lucero's "Slow Dancing" - two of my favorite bands... I'm sold.

I think Dolly Shine is headed places! Word on the street is they just recorded a new record and William Clark Green and some of the Six Market Blvd. guys contributed to it. I don't know when it will be out but I can't wait. In the meantime check out their self-titled EP on iTunes.

Pretty song... I think I remember him saying he wrote it with Clayton Landua from 6MB.


And here's another one just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment